The Playground Classroom – Methodology for Primary School 2 weeks
This practical 2 week course is designed to cover a broad range of interesting activities for the Primary classroom. All our sessions are aimed at helping you make your Primary classroom a fun environment for teaching and learning a language.
Who is it for
This course is intended for Primary school and Kindergarten teachers who would like to refresh their teaching methods and techniques.
During this course you will experience a range of interesting activities, such as making pronunciation fun, using stories in the classroom or co-operative learning. These activities link methodology and learning theories to today’s Primary classroom .
As all the sessions are practical and hands on, you can expect to take an active role in all sessions, maximising your use of English and experiencing for yourself the activities covered in the sessions.
During this course you will explore the use of multimedia and technology for teaching purposes. This course will give you an opportunity to reflect and develop your approach to teaching today’s students.
You will be encouraged to come up with a Personal Development Plan and select activities which you would like to try out in your own classes.
During the course you will have the opportunity to:
- obtain a better understanding of language teaching for Primary level students
- build and develop on your previous language teaching knowledge, using a range of practical and hands-on methods
- be introduced to current and established areas of teaching methods and techniques, using interactive approaches
- reflect on your own teaching methods
- be introduced to technology you could use in your classroom
- exchange pedagogical information and knowledge in a multicultural context
- further develop your own English language skills.
- you will benefit from a subscription to our e-Learning online site to further develop your language knowledge and skills. This service is available to you from registration until 3 months after the end of your course.
- you will be provided with an opportunity to join the ETI teacher training Facebook group in order to be able to further your learning and networking potential with trainers and other fellow trainees and colleagues
This course is eligible for funds under Erasmus+
Dates and rates
05-16 Oct 2020
19-30 Oct 2020
02-13 Nov 2020
16-27 Nov 2020
11-22 Jan 2021
25 Jan – 05 Feb 2021
15-26 Feb 2021
01-12 Mar 2021
05-16 Apr 2021
19-30 Apr 2021
03-14 May 2021
31 May – 11 Jun 2021
14-25 Jun 2021
28 Jun – 09 Jul 2021
05-16 Jul 2021
19-30 Jul 2021
02-13 Aug 2021
16-27 Aug 2021
18-29 Oct 2021
01-12 Nov 2021
15-26 Nov 2021
42 hours over 10 training days €800
“I feel very happy here because I have learnt English. I have known a lot of people and I visited beautiful places in Malta”
“I liked the teacher, she was kind and she gave many practical things that I can use in my own class”.
- Group Size Maximum of 15 participants
- Course Level B1 level of English
- Participants' Age 23+
- Course Length 42 hours over 10 training days