Technical Aviation English
English is the language of aviation for a wide range of aeronautical professionals: engineers, technicians, and production workers, as well as instructors designing and delivering training courses for trainees. As all maintenance, as well as aircraft, documentation is written in English, it is necessary to have English language skills, especially relating to the terminology used in aeronautical engineering.
Using authentic documentation, Technical Aviation English provides you with a structured approach to:
- language development in terms of technical vocabulary
- skill development (reading, speaking, listening and writing)
The course also covers relevant grammar points and simplified Technical English rules which you need to read and write technical documents.
Who is it for
This course is aimed at aeronautical professionals: engineers, technicians, and production workers, as well as instructors.
The course content, will be adapted to the needs of the specific target group and will be drawn from the following modules:
Language knowledge development
- technical vocabulary development based on repair manuals and parts catalogs
- relevant grammar points drawn from repair manuals and parts catalogues
Language skills development
- reading skills, based on repair manuals and parts catalogs, for problem identification and action
- writing skills for emails and simple messages
- discussion around maintenance engineering issues
Pedagogic skills (for instructors of Technical Aviation English):
- course design
- classroom activity design
- lesson planning
- lesson delivery
During this course, you will:
- develop your English language knowledge related to technical aviation: vocabulary and grammar.
- develop your language skills around technical aviation: reading, listening, speaking and writing.
- receive feedback on your English language and communication skills.
In addition, you will benefit from a subscription to our e-Learning online site to further develop your language knowledge and skills. This service is available to you from registration until 3 months after the end of your course.
Dates and rates
25 hour course at €600.
This course can be held upon request. For more information on start dates, in-company training and closed groups please contact us.
- Group Size Maximum of 6 participants. Closed Groups- Maximum of 8 participants
- Course Level Minimum of B1 (Intermediate)
- Participants' Age 24+
- Course Length 25 hours over 5 training days