Spice Up Your Teaching Ideas Methodology in Practice Today 1 week
This is a practical 1 week training programme in Language Teaching Methodology which covers a broad span of teaching ideas and activities to enliven lessons and make them more motivating and interesting. This course is suitable for language teachers and educators in secondary, vocational, tertiary and adult education.
Anne Binderup, Danish
“Very satisfied with everything”.
Who is it for
This course is ideal for teachers of English and other languages, and educators working in the secondary, tertiary and adult sectors.
During this course you will cover a range of teaching ideas and activities such as learner styles and multiple intelligences, using cuisenaire rods, songs, multimedia and modern technology to enliven lessons and motivate students.
Some sessions will include a focus on technology in the classroom. You will also explore the use of multimedia for teaching purposes. The course provides you with an opportunity to review your own approach to teaching today’s students.
This course is taught interactively and encourages trainee participation in workshops, activities and group work. You are encouraged to take an active role in all sessions, improving your fluency and command of English. We will also explore a number of websites and online tools which you include in your everyday teaching.
During the course, you are asked to reflect upon the course content, come up with your own Personal Development Action Plan, and select activities which you would like to try out in your own classes.
During this course you will have opportunity to:
- gain a better understanding of language teaching, expand and build on your own knowledge and use a range of practical methodologies
- be introduced to both new and established areas of teaching methodologies and accompanying techniques and gain practical experience wherever possible
- be given the opportunity to reflect on your own teaching methods and contexts as you further develop your teaching skills
- be introduced to technology you could use in your own classroom
- exchange pedagogical information and knowledge in a multicultural context
- be introduced to websites related to the further development of your own teaching skills & personal professional development
- further develop your own English language skills
- you will benefit from a subscription to our e-Learning online site to further develop your language knowledge and skills. This service is available to you from registration until 3 months after the end of your course.
- you will be provided with an opportunity to join the ETI teacher training Facebook group so as to further your learning and networking potential with trainers and other fellow trainees and colleagues.
This course is eligible for funds under Erasmus+
Dates and rates
25 –29 Nov 2019
13-17 Jan 2020
27-31 Jan 2020
17-21 Feb 2020
02-06 Mar 2020
23-27 Mar 2020
13-17 Apr 2020
11-15 May 2020
25-29 May 2020
08-12 Jun 2020
22-26 Jun 2020
06-10 Jul 2020
20-24 Jul 2020
03-07 Aug 2020
17-21 Aug 2020
05-09 Oct 2020
19-23 Oct 2020
02-06 Nov 2020
16-20 Nov 2020
Duration: 21 hours per week
Course Fee: €350 + €100 Programme Fee
For closed groups, in-company training or more information please contact us
Everything here is excellent. I will definitely recommend ETI Malta to other teachers. And if I will get another opportunity I will come back. Lessons were helpful. And attitude from staff was positive
Dainora Ieva Baleviciene
“I’ d love to come for some more courses if I had a chance”.
- Group Size Maximum of 15 Participants
- Course Level B1 (Intermediate)
- Participants' Age 23+
- Course Length 21 hours over 5 training days