CLIL Practical Methodology for Teachers Working with CLIL 1 week
This 1 week course introduces you to the principles of CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) and analyses CLIL teaching techniques, including practical ways of integrating CLIL into a classroom teaching environment. During this course, teachers will look at the 5 Cs of CLIL, scaffolding for learners, multimodality, assessment, and teaching aids in CLIL.
Wilbert Driesser, Dutch
“The content is excellent. Sometime there is a little overload in the amount of documents. Best training ever!”.
Who is it for
The course is aimed at those in-service teachers in the primary, secondary and vocational sectors who are working with CLIL, or are about to apply CLIL in their teaching methodology.
The main aim of this course is to explore the dimensions and approach of CLIL teaching. During this one-week course the 5 Cs of CLIL will be presented, explored and discussed, leading to the design of a lesson. Other areas such as cognition and thinking skills, scaffolding, multimodality and using aids for teaching CLIL will be introduced, Assessment will also be examined on this course.
You will have ample opportunity to try out all of these tools as all our courses are designed to be hands-on and practical. You will be expected to take an active role in all sessions, maximising your use of English, and collaborating together with your fellow trainees to create your own resources.
During our group discussions, you will have the opportunity to share CLIL activities that you have created, and also to provide feedback to each other.
You will be asked to reflect upon the training received and you will come up with a Personal Development Action Plan, selecting tools and activities you would like to try out in your own classes.
During this course, you will have opportunity to:
- acquire a greater understanding of the principles underlying CLIL methodology
- become better equipped to integrate CLIL principles and methodology in your everyday lessons
- develop your skills in designing dual-purpose learning materials
- gain the skills to create your own teaching materials
- improve your command of English in a multi-cultural context
- you will benefit from a subscription to our e-Learning online site to further develop your language knowledge and skills. Our-learning service is available to you from registration until 3 months after the end of your course.
- to further your learning and networking potential with trainers and other fellow trainees and colleagues, you will be provided with an opportunity to join the ETI teacher training Facebook group
This course is eligible for funds under Erasmus+
Dates and rates
11-15 Jan 2021
25-29 Jan 2021
15-19 Feb 2021
01-05 Mar 2021
22-26 Mar 2021
05-09 Apr 2021
19-23 Apr 2021
03-07 May 2021
31 May– 04 Jun 2021
14-18 Jun 2021
05-09 Jul 2021
19-23 Jul 2021
02-06 Aug 2021
16-20 Aug 2021
04-08 Oct 2021
18-22 Oct 2021
01-05 Nov 2021
15-19 Nov 2021
Course Fee: €350 + €100 Programme FeeDuration: 21 hours per week
For closed groups, in-company training or more information please contact us
Eva Pujadas Talaya
Escola Santa Ana
“I liked organisation, lessons, training and staff”
- Group Size Maximum of 15 participants
- Course Level Minimum of B1 (Intermediate)
- Participants' Age 23 years +
- Course Length 21 hours over 5 training days