Learning Fun and Games Methodology for Primary Teachers 1 week
This is a practical one-week interactive course which will expose you to numerous activities and tools to enrich your teaching at primary level and transform your classroom into a fun learning environment for young learners.
Anitha Andersson, Swedish
“I liked the teacher, she was kind and she gave many practical things that I can use in my own class.” Read more..
Who is it for
This course is intended for Primary level and Kindergarten teachers , who would like to refresh and inject some fun in their teaching methods and techniques. Teacher trainers and other educators in this sector will also find this course useful.
This interactive, practical 1 week course covers a wide range of interesting activities for Young Learners and the Primary class. During this course you will discover methods and techniques that will transform your Primary classroom into a dynamic and exciting learning environment.
All our sessions are practical and dynamic and include a focus on multimedia and technology for teaching purposes. This course is taught interactively, with discussion, brainstorming sessions, workshops and group work.
You will be encouraged to take an active role in all sessions, maximising your use of English, and experiencing for yourself the activities your learners will be participating in. This course is designed to help you reflect on your approach to teaching today’s pupils.
We will be looking at areas such as the learning styles and needs of young learners, using cuisenaire rods, narrating stories in a classroom, grammar games and much more.
During this course, you will have the opportunity to:
- gain a better understanding of Young Learner and Primary level language teaching methodologies and techniques
- be introduced to numerous areas of teaching methodologies and techniques using a hands-on approach
- have an opportunity to exchange pedagogical information and knowledge in a multicultural context
- gain an increased awareness of the role of technology and multimedia in today’s classroom
- be able to review and reflect on your own teaching styles and methods so as to identify areas of improvement and growth
- improve your own English language knowledge and skills
- be introduced to websites related to the further development of your own teaching skills and personal professional development.
- you will benefit from a subscription to our e-Learning online site to further develop your language knowledge and skills. This service is available to you from registration until 3 months after the end of your course.
- you will be provided with an opportunity to join the ETI teacher training Facebook group tto further your learning and networking potential with trainers and other fellow trainees and colleagues.
This course is eligible for funds under Erasmus+
Dates and rates
Dates for 2018
29 Oct – 02 Nov 2018
12-16 Nov 2018
Dates for 2019
14-18 Jan 2019
28 Jan –01 Feb 2019
11-15 Feb 2019
25 Feb–01 Mar 2019
25-29 March 2019
08-12 April 2019
22-26 April 2019
20-24 May 2019
10-14 June 2019
24-28 June 2019
01-05 July 2019
15-19 July 2019
29 July –02 Aug2019
19-23 Aug 2019
26-30 Aug 2019
07-11 Oct 2019
14-18 Oct 2019
28 Oct –01 Nov 2019
11-15 Nov 2019
25 –29 Nov 2019
Course Fee: €350 + €100 Programme FeeDuration: 21 hours per week
For closed groups, in-company training or more information please contact us
“I really liked the course, the school, I enjoyed my stay in Malta, I did a lot of sightseeing. Thank you, it was a wonderful experience to be here and my group at the course was fantastic”
Marta Terradellas Lorente
Santa Anna School,Barcelona
“I liked so much the teacher, she taught me a lot of tools that I will use them in my school. I’m so happy with all in general”.
- Group Size Maximum of 15 participants
- Course Level Minimum of B1 (Intermediate)
- Participants' Age 23 years +
- Course Length 21 hours over 5 training days