In today’s global world, you need to be able to handle complex tasks and people from diverse cultures and backgrounds. This course aims to raise your awareness of such issues and develop your skills in order to function effectively in a multicultural business world.
Who is it for
This course is ideal, if you work in a multi cultural environment and if you would like to develop your own intercultural skills in order to communicate effectively in today’s international business world.
During this intensive practical course you will tackle the following areas:
- The link between intercultural & communication skills
- The core leadership, intercultural & communication skills.
- Diversity and its impact on leadership.
- Team behaviour and team skills
- The skills required to lead international teams
- The communication skills required to work internationally
Learning is practical and task-based, involving both individual and group work, with practical feedback being given on your communication styles and skills.
During this course you will :
- understand the most important theories and approaches to intercultural communication.
- become familiar with a range of different intercultural competence models.
- gain a better understanding of culture and its impact on behaviour.
- gain a better understanding of yourself and other members of your team.
- become aware of the role and influence, attitude and perception have on intercultural communication.
- have a better understanding of which interpersonal communication skills support successful communication across cultures, eg building rapport, influencing, managing conflict, creating trust etc.
- gain practical ideas on how to apply different communication strategies in different cross-cultural contexts. This, in turn, will enable you to be a better leader in today’s international and multi-cultural business world.
- develop your fluency and accuracy and be able to express yourself confidently in English.
In addition, you will benefit from a subscription to our e-Learning online site to further develop your language knowledge and skills. This service is available to you from registration until 3 months after the end of your course.
Dates and rates
€470 per week
Registration fee is €50
This course is run on request. For closed groups, in-company training or more information please contact us
- Group Size Maximum of 6 participants
- Course Level Minimum of B1 (Intermediate)
- Participants' Age Minimum 24 years (average age of participants is 40)
- Course Length 21 hours over 5 training days