English for Human Resources
Communication is an essential part of the HR role – especially when working internationally. For example, when you recruit a new employee, good communication skills enable you to choose the best candidate; when you’ are training, coaching, or evaluating an employee, you need to communicate your expectations clearly and respond appropriately; and when there is a conflict, you will need your communication skills to solve the problem in a suitable manner. This course will help you to develop your language and communication to handle day-to-day HR issues in English.
Who is it for
This course is aimed at HR Managers, working in an international business environment, who need to improve their communication skills in English.
The following three areas form the core of this training course:
You will develop your ability to present, participate in meetings and negotiate HR topics. The training programme will include both language input and detailed feedback on your individual performance.
HR language and discussion
We will also concentrate on improving your general confidence and fluency when speaking English for HR purposes. The training programme will use HR case studies to create opportunities for speaking about HR topics in order to develop fluency and increase command of specialist HR vocabulary. Typical topics which can be included (in relation to the professional interests of participants) are:
- benefits and compensation
- employee relations
- development of HR strategy
- implementation of cultural change and improvement
- recruitment and assessment of personnel
General and social English
Personalised input on your general English and grammar (as required) will enable you to speak more accurately and improve your social English.
This course will allow you to:
- practise and develop your communication skills within an HR context
- develop and practise language around specific topics within a range of HR contexts
- be given feedback on the effectiveness of your communication and the accuracy of your English language
- extend and practise your general and social English improving your fluency and accuracy
In addition, you will benefit from a subscription to our e-Learning online site to further develop your language knowledge and skills. This service is available to you from registration until 3 months after the end of your course.
Dates and rates
This course is held every Monday. It is a combination of our Business Communication Mini Group training and our specialised Individual Training dealing with English for Human Resources.
25 hours per week at €1,070
30 hours per week at €1,320
Registration Fee is €50
For more information on this course, in-company training and closed groups, please contact us.
- Group Size Maximum of 6 participants. Closed Groups: Maximum of 8 participants
- Course Level Minimum of B1 (Intermediate)
- Participants' Age 24+
- Course Length 25 or 30 hours over 5 training days