As a flight attendant, your primary role is to ensure passenger safety. In addition, you may often be tasked with customer service duties such as serving meals and drinks. Cabin crew on international flights will need the English language skills to carry out the above tasks. This course will help you to develop these skills.
Who is it for
This course is aimed at those:
- already working as cabin crew who need to develop their English skills
- in training to become cabin crew professionals
This course will give you the opportunity to review and practise the following areas:
Language / Communication for Passenger Safety
- confirming safety and emergency checklists
- confirming the locations and amounts of emergency equipment
- discussing weather conditions
- ensuring those sitting in emergency exit rows are willing and able to assist in an emergency
- doing a safety demonstration or monitoring passengers as they watch a safety video
Language / Communication for Passenger Service and Comfort
- assuring and applying the safety and security regulations on board
- caring for international guests on board
- preparing the aircraft cabin
- organising the workflow in the galley
- conducting the meal and beverage service
- carrying out the on-board sale
- dealing with passenger requests
During this course you will:
- develop the use of operationally-relevant, work-related language.
- develop your communicative English language skills with the main focus on speaking and listening
- improve your global competence in all six language skill areas: pronunciation, structure, vocabulary, fluency, comprehension and interactions
- receive individual feedback on your English language and communication skills
In addition, you will have access to ETI’s e-learning platform. This e-Learning programme is available to you at registration and lasts up to 3 months after the end of your course.
Dates and rates
25 hours a week at €750.
This course is held upon request. For more information, please contact us.
- Group Size Maximum of 6 participants. Closed Groups: Maximum of 8 participants
- Course Level Minimum of B1 (Intermediate)
- Participants' Age 24+
- Course Length 25 hours over 5 training days