Who is it for
This one-week group course will address the aim of university internationalisation. It is focused on lecturers, researchers and teaching staff at universities and institutions of higher education who are working on degree programmes and academic research and who are non-native speakers of English. Minimum language level for this course is B1. Maximum group size is 6.
An interactive communicative approach is applied, which provides participants with their own experiential learning of the activities and methodologies. Input sessions involve brainstorming, case study analysis, problem-solving, and role-play, both in pair work and group work. Participants are actively involved in the sessions to maximize their learning and to experience activities from their learners’ point of view.
Participants are asked to reflect on the activities, inviting discussion with regard to their own pedagogical knowledge and skills, teaching methods and contexts, and on adaptation of activities to their teaching situations.
Participants are also introduced to key websites related to the further development of their teaching skills and personal professional development.
By the end of the course participants will:
- improve English language skills, confidence and fluency through increased command of vocabulary around specific subject areas and general educational themes and command of core grammar.
- develop core professional communication competences to design, structure and deliver presentations and lectures and participate in international seminars and conferences.
- increase understanding of the challenges of working across cultures with a specific focus on international study skills and communicating with international student and academic groups.
- know which interpersonal communication skills underpin successful communication across cultures, including building rapport, influencing, networking, managing conflict and creating trust.
- understand different approaches to learning, lecturing and working in international contexts
Click here for the full information and a sample programme
Dates and Rates
28 Feb – 04 March 2022
12 – 16 Sep 2022
Course Fee: Euro 770.00
Registration Fee: Euro 60.00
Duration: 25 hours per week
For closed group, inhouse training or more information, please contact us.