Empowerment in ICT Skills Making Use of Technology Tools 1 week
Many teachers and educators feel overwhelmed by technology today, or would like to use it more, but don’t know how or where to start. This practical and skills-based one-week course is aimed at those who would like to further develop their ICT (Information and Communication Technology) skills and make use of various Web 2.0 Technology tools and programmes.
Joan Wichems, Dutch
“This was a wonderful course, Patient teacher and clear instruction even for someone like me who’s not very technical”. Read more…..
Who is it for
This course is aimed at trainers, teachers of English and other languages, other subject teachers and other professionals who would like to experience for themselves a variety of software and online tools in order to integrate technology into their classrooms, while also brushing up their own use of English. Specialised knowledge is not required, apart from a basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and using the Internet.
This course is specifically designed to develop your skills in technology and ICT.
During this hands-on, practical course you will be given the opportunity to try out all the programmes introduced to you.
You are given the skills and tools to incorporate ICT ( Information and Communication Technology) in your everyday teaching.
You will explore areas such as setting up Blogs, Websites, Podcasting and others.
You will also have the opportunity to reflect on the tools and activities presented during our practical sessions. You will also be able to discuss and exchange ideas with your fellow teachers in a cross-cultural environment.
Due to the immersion factor of all our courses your own English language skills will be developed.
We will also introduce you to relevant websites that will enable you to further develop your teaching skills & personal professional development.
During this ICT course you will be given the opportunity to:
- reflect on your own teaching methods in relation to technology in the classroom today
- discuss and review various ways in which you can integrate ICT into your everyday teaching so as to develop your confidence in managing and integrating ICT in your lessons
- work with a range of interesting tools, software and programmes which are available as freeware
- develop your own English language skills.
- you will have access to ETI’s e-learning platform. Our e-Learning programme is available to you at registration and lasts up to 3 months after the end of your course.
- to further your learning and networking potential with trainers and other fellow trainees and colleagues you will be provided with an opportunity to join the ETI teacher training Facebook group.
This course is eligible for funds under Erasmus+
Dates and rates
11-15 Jan 2021
25-29 Jan 2021
15-19 Feb 2021
01-05 Mar 2021
22-26 Mar 2021
05-09 Apr 2021
19-23 Apr 2021
03-07 May 2021
31 May– 04 Jun 2021
14-18 Jun 2021
05-09 Jul 2021
19-23 Jul 2021
02-06 Aug 2021
16-20 Aug 2021
04-08 Oct 2021
18-22 Oct 2021
01-05 Nov 2021
15-19 Nov 2021
Course Fee: €350 + €100 Programme FeeDuration: 21 hours per week
For closed groups, in-company training or more information please contact us
“Many thanks to the ETI team for this very interesting and helpful course and excellent support for trainees over the whole preparation, organisation and realisation phases. Thank you!“.
“By participating at this course, I had the opportunity to improve my ICT skills, to develop my fluency in English, to meet teachers from other countries, to make new friends. The staff is friendly and professional”.
“This was a wonderful course, Patient teacher and clear instruction even for someone like me who’s not very technical”.