This 60 hour teacher training course, run over 10 days is aimed at teachers requiring a formal qualification in Business English teaching. It is accredited by English UK and Trinity College London. This internationally recognised course covers a wide range of areas and methodologies necessary for teaching Business English. It looks at the language of Business English, at the communication skills involved in becoming a more effective Business English teacher as well as useful classroom skills.
Who is it for
This course is aimed at any teacher or trainer wishing to develop their knowledge, skills and mindset for teaching and training Business English and who wants to gain a recognised and accredited international qualification.
You should have either an initial qualification (Trinity Cert TESOL or Cambridge CELTA) or two years of teaching experience and a minimum C1 level in English. Knowledge of business is not essential.
This 2 week international qualification is designed to be a hands-on , interactive course covering both theoretical and practical content.
You will tackle the following areas:
- The Language of Business English
- The “Big Six” of Business English: meetings, negotiations, presentations, telephoning and conference calling, socialising and networking, and writing.
- International Business roles, concepts and sectors including HR, marketing and finance.
- Training Methodology and techniques
- The relationship of Business English to international communication and the role of intercultural communication and interpersonal skills.
In addition you will be introduced to a wide variety of materials and resources, which you can use in your own classrooms after the course.
For more course benefits and outcomes take a look at the course benefits tab.
Assessment is ongoing throughout the duration of the course. At least 90% attendance is required and participants are expected to demonstrate their ideas, professional development and understanding during the course.
During the course you will gather information and ideas for your post-course assignment. You will have 12 weeks to submit an assignment of between 3000 and 5000 words based on your learning, action planning and reflections from the training. Your assignment will be submitted and assessed at Trinity College.
For more information please do not hesitate to contact us.
By the end of the training course, you will:
- have developed your knowledge of the world of Business English, its aims and objectives.
- know how Business English content and methodology have changed over time.
- be able to better teach and train the “Big Six” of Business English: meetings, negotiations, presentations, telephoning and conference calling, socialising and networking, and writing.
- have advanced your knowledge of key business roles, concepts and sectors including HR, marketing and finance.
- understand key techniques and tasks for teaching and training either in the classroom or in a company.
- have developed your ability to teach and train Business English in groups or one-to-one either face-to-face or virtually.
- be able to manage learning from relationship-building and needs analysis to assessment and reporting.
- have gained an understanding of the relationship of Business English to international communication and the role of intercultural communication and interpersonal skills.
- have formed an action plan for your own personal development as teachers or trainers.
- understand the basics of executive coaching and mentoring, and leadership training.
- have had the opportunity to test and practise numerous ideas in the training room and present your own ideas and action plans.
- have received input, tutorials and coaching towards your Cert IBET assignment.
Once your assignments have been handed in and moderated by Trinity College, you will:
- receive an internationally recognised qualification accredited by English UK and Trinity College London.
- be sent a certificate proving your achievement on the course.
Dates and Rates
15-26th January 2018
29 Oct-09 Nov 2018
Duration: 2 weeks ; 60 hours in total
Course Fee: €800 + €175 Assessment (Moderation) Fee