This 2 week course covers a comprehensive range of topics and methodologies for Teaching Business English. It not only looks at the language of business but also at the communication skills involved in becoming a more effective Business English teacher .
“Malta is so beautiful and all the people at ETI are so friendly. I had a wonderful week at ETI and the atmosphere between the students and the people from ETI was very nice. ”
Who is it for
This course is for Business English teachers who wish to refresh and develop their teaching skills in key areas of Teaching English for Business, combining both language teaching with training skills. The course is practical, with a focus on providing teachers with a range of ideas and activities to enrich their Business English teaching classes. This course is also useful for teachers who wish to start teaching Business English.
This 2 week intensive Business English course is specifically designed so that you experience a range of engaging activities based on a variety of practical methodologies for the Business English classroom. Sessions are hands-on and will cover teaching the language of Business English as well as training for the business skills required in the workplace. It will also help you reflect on your approach to teaching Business English.
You will have ample opportunity to practise your own English and communication skills as this course is taught interactively, with input workshops, discussions, role-plays, case studies and group work.
You will be introduced to various materials and resources, which you can use in your classrooms after the course.
During the course, you will be asked to reflect upon the course content and come up with a Personal Development Plan and select activities that you would like to try out in your own classes.
During this course you will have the opportunity to:
- improve your Business English language knowledge and be able to speak English more accurately and fluently
- review and reflect on your own teaching style and methods
- exchange pedagogical information and knowledge in a multicultural context.
- you will benefit from a subscription to our e-Learning online site to further develop your language knowledge and skills. This free service is available to you from registration until 3 months after the end of your course
- you will be introduced to websites related to the further development of your own teaching skills and personal professional development
- you will be provided with an opportunity to join the ETI teacher training Facebook group so as to further your learning and networking potential with trainers and other fellow trainees and colleagues.
This course is eligible for funds under Erasmus+
Dates and rates
29 October-09 November
Duration: 2 weeks ; 42 hours in total
Course Fee: €700 + €100 Programme Fee
For closed groups, in-company training or more information please contact us
- Group Size Maximum of 15 participants
- Course Level Minimum of B1 (Intermediate)
- Participants' Age 23 years +
- Course Length 42 hours over 10 training days