Diversity in Education. Developing Intercultural and Communication SkillsETICoursesTeacher TrainingProfessional Development Courses
This 1- week course is aimed at teachers and educators who would like to gain a better understanding of and develop skills for internationalisation in education. The objectives of this course are to raise awareness of the influences on behaviour, especially communication, coming from culture and personality; and also to explore how to integrate this type of training into classroom activities
John Paul II, Catholic University
“I really appreciate the course that I attended at ETI> It was perfectly prepared with a clear focus. Our classes were varied with different activities and everyone getting involoved. I learnt a lot both in terms of knowledge and skills” Read more..
Who is it for
This course is for teachers and educators who wish to develop their skills for participating in internationalisation activities at home (receiving foreign students and teachers, teaching students from diverse cultural backgrounds), and abroad (international exchanges and projects).
During this intensive practical course you will cover the following areas:
- Defining culture and developing intercultural competences
- Exploring the link between culture and communication
- Defining personality and developing interpersonal competences
- Exploring the link between personality and communication
- Exploring and developing soft skills, especially communication skills for internationalisation activities
- Practising presentations in an internationalisation setting
You will also explore how to integrate this type of training into classroom activities for both staff and students.
The training is conducted using cutting-edge technology such as Interactive Whiteboards. Learning is practical and task-based, involving both individual and group work, with practical feedback on your communication.
You will be encouraged to develop your own Personal Action Plan , highlighting which activities and resources you would be most likely to use in your own teaching programmes .
By following this course you will:
- understand the challenges of working with diversity
- develop an awareness of culture and its impact on behaviour, especially communication
- improve your skills for working with culturally diverse groups
- become aware of personality and its impact on behaviour, especially communication
- gain practical ideas on how to apply different communication strategies in different cross-cultural contexts.
- develop a plan for integrating intercultural and interpersonal training into your classrooms
- develop your fluency and accuracy and be able to express yourself more confidently in English.
- This course will enable you to be both a better leader and participant in today’s international and multicultural world
- you will have access to ETI’s e-learning platform. Our e-Learning programme is available to you at registration and lasts up to 3 months after the end of your course.
This course is eligible for the Erasmus+ funding programme
Dates and rates
Course dates for 2017
Course Dates for 2018
05 March – 09 March
18 June – 22 June
12 November – 16 November
Duration: 21 hours per week
Course Fee: €350 + €100 Programme Fee
For closed groups, in-company training or more information please contact us
“Both training and materials exceeded my expectations. “
“Great experience. Professional, high standards. Thank you. “