This 1-week intensive course is ideal if you are looking to develop your creativity to adapt your teaching for today’s student. It is specifically designed to promote your participation and interaction so as to improve your creativity and your teaching skills. The sessions are hands-on and will involve discussions about current affairs and topics of general interest using brainstorming, problem-solving tasks and role-play in both pair-work and group-work activities.
Who is it for
This course is for educators and other professionals in the education sector who would like to develop creativity in their classes, a fundamental skill for the 21st Century Learner. During this training programme we will also learn new tools to foster student participation and to prevent student drop out.
Specialised knowledge is not required except a basic knowledge of using Microsoft Office and using the Internet
The 21st Century Learner is a challenge we are all facing in our classrooms. A focus on creativity, critical thinking and communication is essential to keep our students motivated. This training programme is designed to develop your creativity and to develop your teaching skills and methodologies so as to ensure student participation.
You will be actively involved in all sessions as this training programme is taught interactively, with input sessions, and collaborative and group project work. During this course, you will be introduced to a number of tools, websites and online applications that will help you adapt your teaching to today’s students.
Your own language skills will be developed and feedback will be given where appropriate.
During the course you will have the opportunity to:
- develop your creative skills
- explore ways of integrating creativity within your classroom, through appropriate teaching methodologies as well as hands-on & experiential methods
- discover a range of interesting tools, software and programmes which will enable you to teach more creatively.
- reflect on their own teaching methods in relation to creativity in the classroom today.
- improve your English language skills
- you will benefit from a subscription to our e-Learning online site to further develop your language knowledge and skills. This service is available to you from registration until 3 months after the end of your course.
- to further your learning and networking potential with trainers and other fellow trainees and colleagues you will be provided with an opportunity to join the ETI teacher training Facebook group.
This course is eligible for funds under Erasmus+
Dates and Rates
14 August- 18 August 2017
28 August- 1 September 2017
- Group Size Maximum of 15 participants
- Course Level Minimum of B1 (Intermediate)
- Participants' Age 23 years +
- Course Length 21 hours over 5 training days